Saturday, 7 January 2017

COTD Jan 2017 03 and 04

Because in my moment of hype on the Daimax reveal resulted in a triple bill review of the trio of DP cards it does mean that this catch up post only hold 2 cards that are those I failed to cover this week from the COTD segment. One is Great Nature which I will once more stress isn't a clan I hold deep knowledge of interactions with, but it is a Sentinel so I'm going to give a look anyway

Fine Coat Maltese
[CONT]: Sentinel

[AUTO]: [Choose 1 card from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on G from your hand, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose 1 of your units being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of battle.
[AUTO] [Drop zone] GB1: [Choose 2 of your successful rear-guards, and retire them] At the end of your turn, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to 1 “Fine Coat Maltese”, reveal it, add it to your hand, and shuffle your deck.







Guard any unit, good!
Able to grab another copy when in the drop. A common theme as of recently, but I notice this isn't particularly splash-able due to the cost dictating the deck in which you run this little puppy. Sure DP's Calm requires a Burst Vanguard but the strides with Burst can be teched into any deck. Rearguards with success are not so easily flexed, this card will however be a notable contribution for the deck to which it belongs.


Deity Spirit Loyalist, Ame-no-oshiho
[AUTO] (RC) GB1 Oracle: [Counter Blast 1] When this Unit attacks, you can pay the cost. If you pay it, look at up to the top 5 cards of your Deck, search up to 1 card with the Oracle ability, reveal it, add it to your hand, shuffle the Deck. If you add to your hand, during that turn, this Unit gains Power+3000.

[AUTO] (RC): [Place this Unit into the Soul] When your Main Phase begins, if you have 4 or less cards in your hand, you can pay the cost. If you do, draw 1 card.

This is what I want from Oracle, costs a counterblast and that could become an issue over time but it doesn't need to hit and doesn't need a booster, only needs to attack. All this card requires of you is to be running a mostly Oracle (skill) based deck, perhaps as pure as possibly to maximise your chance of netting that +1. The second skill is bothersome though. Useful in it's own right but it conflicts with the GR that serve the same function, it however cheaper than the GR.

To note this card offers a selective +1 from among 5 cards which is, as one would imagine is better than just taking a top card from deck since you can better control the quality of the draw.




Two cards from two days because I wasn't paying attention this week until the Monthly Bushiroad came out. But it was what came after that really blew my mind. I was expecting Daimax to be a stream reveal and with no stream this week I thought he'd come next week. The final week before the set releases in Japan. So on that note, this time next week we'll know all the cards of this set we've yet to see.

Soon my posts will switch to looking at the prototype Dimension Police lists I've been playing and my notes from running with them, though I will say this now and again at the time, the decks will not had had time to go a full gauntlet so it will still very much be a case of early days impressions.

Next week I hope to see Great Nature "Rare" Stand, if they have one and I'll be interested to see what their sentinel for this set it, though I have this suspicion it won't be for Oracle, rather instead it'll end up supporting Battle Sisters since no new OTT Perfect Guard was exhibited during Trinity Dragon's 2 part spotlight.


As I write this I realise it's confusing to talk about the Oracle ability when Oracle is also the name of the clan. The skill should have been named differently, what that alternate skill title would be I've no idea but it shouldn't have been the same name as the clan.

Enjoy the weekend.
V-Out