Wednesday, 21 December 2016

COTD 21/12/2016: A Wild Fearow Appeared

Super Cosmic Hero, X-Lead

Burst-[AUTO](VC):When this unit's attack hits, if this unit's [Power] is 35000 or greater, draw a card, then, if the [Power] is 40000 or greater, choose one of your rear-guards, and [Stand] it.
[ACT](VC)[1/Turn]:[Choose a face down card from your G zone, and turn it face up] Choose up to five of your rear-guards, [Rest] them, choose one of your rear-guards, that unit and this unit get [Power]+4000 for each of your units that was [Rest] until end of turn.

I've been looking at this card frankly confused at what it's trying to do for a few minutes, then bouncing over decks in my head and cards from this set and previous I've worked it out.

I'll cover the skills in order because the second one takes a bit more explaining.

Skill 1:
Burst - Check
Battle Phase - Check
On-hit draw 1 - Expected
On-hit stand a rearguard - What?
Whilst hitting anything - Wait... WHAT?!!

Surely that can't be right, I have these pluses for hitting and I don't have to even hit the Vanguard? This card is just... I don't even know. I'm hoping this translation is right because if it is there's so much that this card can do. 35000 and 40000 aren't even hard to reach numbers so if this can hit any unit and get it's skills off this is quite something. It belongs in a burst deck but I'd consider this even for Robos as an alt first stride to Daiearth for when you somehow don't have the counterblast you need. For an on-hit the benefits of this hitting, it may not be a +2 in your favour like X-Rouge but in fact it's more, you stand a rearguard for hitting, this offers you more attacks, this allows you to rest 4 units with G1 Laurel and still have two attackers open and if this hits a second time in that turn you managed to get +2 atop the already insane bonus of just succeeding at hitting the Laurel play and you get one or two further attacks off of that. This is an ON-HIT but I'd have been fine with this even if it was a RR I'd still be praising.

In other words this card passes, and we haven't even got to the second skill yet.

The ACT. This is the part of this card that confused me most, I looked at it and just thought to myself- why. Well I then got thinking of my D-Robo 2017 prototype and realised I had the answer in play already. if you have multiple stand triggers in hand (especially Reika) feel free to play them, rest them via this skill, then return them to the deck, in affect doubling the boost each card provided you, then that power can even be shared with one of your beatsticks, though in this case I'm talking 2017 D-Robos so that Means Dimensional Robo, Dailesson. After applying all these actions load up an Operator Girl Rinka and prepare the grounds for devastation. Also you'll have unlocked GenBreak 2 and probably flipped up a D-Robo Stride in the particular example I've given, if non were flipped already.

Grade for this card. A: Amazing pressure with easy to achieve activation conditions and options for situational utility on top of what was already amazing alone, self utility that helps boost the power of this unit even further than it really needs to go live.