Thursday, 15 December 2016

COTD 15/12/2016: INJustice

Dimension Police cards were revealed today, this is right up my ally so let's crack on, can justice offer some redemption for the the commons layer of this set? Oh yeah that's a point both these cards are commons, don't expect too much.




Enigman Mega Current

Burst-[AUTO] Generation Break 1:When this unit is placed on (RC), if your vanguard's [Power] is 15000 or greater, this unit gets [Power]+4000 until end of turn. If your vanguard's [Power] is 20000 or greater, choose one of your vanguards, and until end of turn, it gets "[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast (1)] At the beginning of your attack step, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gets [Power]+4000 until end of turn.".







I can sum this card up like so; Cosmic Hero, Grandmantle but worse.  The burst phase 2 is a lower threshold but that's no justification for being a flat out copy/paste then nerf. Very much a wasted space and this card really would have really benefited from doing something different or just being a lower grade so as to not be directly competing with Grandmatle who's functionality same but superior.



Since there deal seems to be these cards are coming in pairs here's Exhibit B;



Abatement Monster, Wilking

[AUTO](RC):[Soul Blast (2)] When your vanguard attacks or is attacked, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's units in the front row, and it gets [Power]-10000 until end of that battle.




This card doesn't do much but what it is tasked with it does very well. The cost however is an issue that makes this card difficult to wield or even consider arming yourself with, it is the sort card you'd run as a tech just to see what happens then probably toss in the bulk commons spares box when you're done, I know I'm going to give it a whirl before I pass final judgement on this one- consider my decision here as pending.
I can only see the ability being usable once or twice a game, that's assuming he's on the field first, which if a tech card he's not above 2 copies anyway so chances of having him boarded are not so great.

I'll be frank, Mega Current certainly won't be going in any of my decks.
And Wilking really belongs to a deck that has no chance to ever be relevant, other decks can use him but they also have much better options so while I will use him, it won't be outside of Sneak Draft or a deck with the function of providing I don't see it being worth the space you'd be taking away from main gambits in Cosmics or Robos, you might get away with it in Metalborgs and Enigman but I don't advise it, especially in relation to Metalborgs.

I'll give Mega Current a D for Do Not Use
Wilking scores a speculative C- for joke casual.


I think that's all I have to say for now. TaTa till tomorrow.
V-Out.

P.S. If we're going with Grading on DP Cards then Enigman Calm the PG. Is S for SuperSolid. Proven to be more flexible than I first thought.
Operator Girl, Rinka grades in at an A.
We're seen four cards now, with only 1 being what I would call a full waste. So DP's doing better than OTT- but that's hardly a complement at this stage.