Sunday, 7 February 2016

V-Battles: Because the apostrophe is not currently working

It was a cold, wet, and miserable day, well better stay indoors... I didn't.
The HQ Monthly was on and I'm not missing that because of some rain.

We didn't have an exceptional turn out and the weather was a big factor in this, leading to us having only 9 Players, and of course the same number of decks, each of which was different.

Gear Chronicle - Nextage
Aqua Force - Thavas
Dark Irregulars - Scharolot Blade Wing
Angel Feather - Gavrail
Dimension Police - Dimensional Robos
Kagero - The X
Royal PaladinSanctuary Guard of Light
Narukami - Vanquisher
Royal Paladin - Altmile

We had 3 rounds where we should have had 4 due to having 9 people, but it's a minor nitpick, as for my matches...

Round 1:
Vs The X
-Win-
Had to ride Laurel and was severely outplayed, forced to go for broke with Break Ride Legion but I tunnel visioned and forgot the details of my soul. Opponent over guards picking up on my mistake and bargaining it would therefore be a safe bet. Truthfully they deserved to win  as they had clearly been the better player up till this point, but I got lucky and drive checked Daibazooka which activated my Legion and Limit Break abilities and that with the Break Ride gave me victory. In hind sight it was a shallow victory but as the saying goes a win is a win. Had we been playing Best of 3 format, I would have most certainly lost this match.

Round 2
Vs Gear Chronicle
Loss
Opponent breaks both my 1 to pass on both their turn 1 and turn 2 attacks. Both times with a Critical.
The first attack knocked out both Great Daiyusha locking out Legion for the game. Being on 4 damage so early and then being forced to my fifth on their opening Stride, Fiery March Collosus, with little hand and my one possible way to get back in contention via Commander Laurel being blocked and then retired. Forced to last resort of Cross Break Ride and now reliant on getting a PG, but even that I doubt could have saved me from the finishing Nextage turn. By then the game had already been decided by the two earlier Criticals.

Round 3
Vs. Angel Feather
Win
Close Game but with Fox our games usually are. I had to G-Assist for my Grade 3, irnic in a sense, and due to that I knew allowing him to keep field would be problematic. Even though that's the case in the match-up anyway but when you just dropped 2 cards it's even more of an issue. I divided my attention between his center and sides. Fox's first Stride was unsurprisingly Ice Element, Blizza putting him at GB2. You do damage, they gain defensive power making landing attacks much harder and thus each attack that did hit more precious and important. This means what I had to do was something in direct contrast with how my own build is configured, and yet I was able to benefit from my stand triggers and extra attacks to put mild pressure on the opposing rearguards, but I didn't actually succeed in being rid of them until scored some key retires with
Daishoot and X-Rougue, still barely surviving their power play when it came, with it taking all I had from both Field and Hand. Their big push done it was my turn to try close the game turn done I Break Ride and go for the game myself. I needed criticals to pull it off though, I was fortunate enough to get them. Honestly I can't decide in that match-up whether of not critical or stand triggers are better although I'd lean HEAVILY towards crits being better for the match up?

It's funny every time I find myself beginning to have issues I always go back to increasing my critical count, even though my deck is already constructed with masses of in-built critical even without factoring for triggers.

Score of the day 2-1, 2 promo packs, along side the current promo, 1 booster pack.
From among those, I didn't gain much value but did gain cards I can use that not that many other people would consider, not now there's more up to date and out right better versions of the same cards. In either case it's a day out, win or lose that's not the issue, it's how you get there and what you make of it that counts.

Next week there's a Sneak Peak, I want to do it, I can benefit from doing it, but I have no idea how I'm going to get there. Money is tighter than I would like. Although with an English version of the Daigo G almost certain in some form or another, I could sell off my current SGD's if the need ever arose. It's an option, not one I want to consider but it's there is that resort is needed, but so's a lot of old plastic.