Saturday, 31 October 2015

V-Decks: The Demon?

Well I guess I should get back round to these by now shouldn't I? It's gone midnight here as I write this (albeit I'll have to publish it later and probably do formatting on Monday) it's not October 31st, Halloween, so lets talk demons- but not from Dark Irregulars.

Deck Name : Demons and Dragons
GRADE 0
4x Demonic Dragon Nymph, Seiobo (HEAL)
4x Eradicator, Dragon Mage (DRAW)
2x Eradicator, Yellow Gem Carbuncle (CRIT)
1x Exorcist Mage, Dan Dan (FV)
3x Malevolent Djinn (CRIT)
2x Sacred Spear Eradicator, Pollux (CRIT)
1x Spark Edge Dracokid (CRIT)
GRADE 1
2x Deadly Eradicator, Ouei
2x Desert Gunner, Raien
4x Red River Dragoon
2x Rising Phoenix
4x Wyvern Guard, Guld
GRADE 2
4x Demonic Dragon Berserker, Garuda
4x Storm Bring Dragon
4x Whirlwind Axe Wielding Exorcist Knight
GRADE 3
3x Demon Conquering Dragon, Dungaree "Unlimited"
4x Sealed Demon Dragon, Dungaree

Oh heck... how out of date am I?! THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!
Ok, being serious now; because what I'm about to write I think I might just get a lot of criticism for, or maybe I'll have people agreeing- I really don't know.
I want Dungaree to get a stride in FC15W, I don't think it's all that likely, but then again I can't remember there being a Ride Chain in Narukami so one can hope.

The above is a deck I have as it stands currently, I just never got round to updating it, fortunatly I intend to keep Dungaree as budget as possible while atleast taking it to the point of being playable or atleast slightly more flexible. That means 12k beaters come out, and Chatura in, on the flip side out that though 12k+8k=20k, ideal for abusing an opposing 10k base where applicable, but let's face it, that's not going to be frequent enough an occurance to justify the current line-up staying. And if sacrificing just that little bit of power gets me more hit pressure, so long as attacks will more often than not still be 2 stages, it's completely worth dropping that slight chance at a third stage.
Where does this leave Dragoon? The answer is Stride fodder. By time we're in Limit Break should be on cross ride anyway. Could use Sealed Dungaree's cheap retires but that comes at the cost of weakening youself after just 2-3 uses. In fact, getting to Crossride and breaking Dungaree's seals is the point of this deck, in a meta hitting for 16k (with exception of Vanguards of course) sitting at 13k defence can be quite the saving grace that gives a Dungaree deck a fighting chance.

Few changes made, the list updated wouldn't look all that different, I'd keep the old PG's in so all that would be missing is strides. Probably two Conquest only as opposed to four due to costs but no such excuse allowed for Lightning Dragon Knight, Zorras so try grab four of him when next at my local along with the two main deck updates mentioned.
Once updates are done, deck remains functionally the same, for better or worse, all the Grade 2's apply pressure in some way, the Grade 1's help push advantage (bar Pheniox, which may be taken out to keep 2  Dargoon in if I feel as such inclined (13+8=21/3 stages!!)) by working along side the deck's attacker by limiting and restricting an opponents option by means of interceptor negation or retire and any option that increases our chance of hitting has got to be a good one, well so I'd have thought at the least.
Best part? The deck doesn't care what grade opponent is in order to go live.

As a foot note, IF I could afford to, not only would I have 2 Conquests. I'd also have 1 Vanquisher in main deck in place of a grade 1, and remove Storm Bring Dragon, as useful as it is for getting X-Ride, in favour of running the Narukami "Amber Clone", Voltage Horn Dragon
I think that covers everything, atleast untill we get that Dungaree stride I'm holding out for.