Thursday, 15 October 2015

Brave's Battles: UK BWC2015 Day 2 - Danger Zone

Day 2 of BWC UK, and this time I playing a game I've little experience with and using a deck I've never used. Needless to say I am not very confident going into the games today.

Deck: Danger World - Ace
Objective: Win at least 1 match.
Player Count: 87


Using Kaiov's Danger World Ace deck I can only do what I can, and while the deck may be good- it's handler is not.
I'll need to get the deck list I was using from Kaiov.

---

Round 1: Vs. Dungeon World
Loss 0-2 (0-1)
I don't know this game and don't know my own deck, never mind my opponent's so this result really isn't surprising. That said game 1 I started with a hand full of spells, most of which needed me to have an item to work so had nothing to get the ball rolling.

Round 2: vs. Dragon World
Loss 0-2 (0-2)
Faced Kaiov in this round of course I'm using his deck, which he knows better than I do.

Round 3: vs. Dragon World
Win 2-0 (1-2)
Tied in last place and on the lowest table, managed to score a win thanks to making Dangerous Cradle huge and the opponent not being able to block it. More luck and fortune than judgement. What was even more fortunate was that I happened to do this both games, the second game being an OTK.

Round 4: vs. Darkness Dragon World, Purgatory Knights
Loss 0-2 (1-3)
This one was over quickly. In game one, I moved first- but it didn't matter as the opponent FTK'ed me.
Round 2 they moved first- then proceeded with the OTK on their turn 2, I denied the achievement a second time by nullifying what would have been the fatal blow. Having done this though I then had to concede knowing that I had no way to fight back, I was without attackers nor held any defence.

Round 5: vs. Magic World
Loss 0-2 (4-1)
At this point anyone else would drop. I also discovered in this round that I apparently can't RTFC properly in regardd to Ogre ACE.
All other x-1 at this point have dropped since we can go round the Play Expo for free dropping out after 4.

Round 6: vs. Dragon World
Loss 0-2 (1-5)
Played match on right table against wrong opponent but we had the result stand anyway.

Round 7: vs. Magic World
Loss 0-2 (1-6)
No words needed.

---

Final Score: 1-6 (3pts)
Rank 55/87 
Although only 55 people actually finished all the rounds so technically I'm still last.

On the silver lining...
-Objective Complete-
It's nothing to write home about, but I'm glad I'm not going home a complete looser.
I notice in none of my rounds did my match go to a game 3.