Thursday, 18 June 2015

COTW (W/C 15/06/2015): Dark Knight Maiden, Macha (Joke Post)

[AUTO](RC) Generation Break 1
[Counter Blast (1)] When this unit attacks a vanguard, if this unit is boosted, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to one grade 1 card, call it to (RC), and shuffle your deck.












I'll put my hands up here, I could have easily chosen either of the Diablo cards from the highly anticipated Legend Deck here, but I didn't because- WAIFU!!!!!!!

Ok, you should have worked this out by now but I've chosen this card, not necessarily because it's good, although it is an amber clone so that almost, without fail, means a card is good. Nope- on this occasion I've jumped off the highly illogical spring board all because it's the waifu, my waifu.

And this therefore means now is as good time as ever to go over something. Wiess Schwarz is another of Bushiroad's TCG's and while not one I know much about, I do know how to play it. It is commonly said as a joke that this game is basically Waifu Wars, well that's partially right, taking into account the obsessiveness over certain characters some people have, be it SAO, Asuna or Shion, any of the Love Live cast, or to go obscure Tsubasa from Symphogear, yeah that anime has a deck to, in Japanese only. T_T But it's not just "Waifu" but what about about when it's the other way around? There's also the term "Mai Husbando" for when one is attracted to characters of the male gender.

Sure in either case being attracted to 2D characters is generally frowned upon, and yet it is common among us Otaku, and we will fight to decide the supreme Waifu, so I guess it's a good thing we have Weiss for that. Mind you, we could have also had Chaos TCG but I doubt that would ever be able to sold in the west with some of the content in that game. While we're at it, Takara, I've collected Transformers for 15+ years, now give me Wixoss in English! I DEMAND IT!

In seriousness, I'm getting a Legend Deck delivered on Friday (hopefully, so long as courier service's local driver doesn't accidentally deliver next door again. >:L) and hopefully picking up a box of FC so long as they haven't all sold out. UK supply is scarce, non of the retailers have any of the new stuff still in stock, and it's not even out yet. I will spend this weekend playing my Legend Deck to be able to give a deck review on Sunday evening (my time) next week I'll cover the Link Joker Trial deck to give me time to go over the Fighter's Collection strides I hope to be getting to test. I will have to use other people to help me with that article of course but I can have them do the foot work while playing at nationals to which I hope to be able to give some form of report for. Even though I myself can not go, I will have forces in my Cardiff and Huddersfield.