Monday, 12 January 2015

COTW (W/C: 12/01/15): Grynngal Seeker


[AUTO](RC):[Choose a card from your hand, and put it on the bottom of your deck] When an attack hits a vanguard during the battle that this unit boosted, if you have a unit named "Blaster Blade Seeker" in the same column as this unit, you may pay the cost. If you do, draw a card, choose a card from your damage zone, and turn it face up.

Forget this thing exists, like I did, and you just made a major oversight.
In all my time testing the Seeker deck, I somehow missed this card out. Which means I have to go back and start over... AGAIN! I am beginning to Question whether I'll ever get this Seeker vs. Abyss Saver test done. <.<

In my testing, the one thing I came to find was missing and that the deck was in desperate need of was a damage unflipper, this is exactly what Grynngal Seeker is. And now I'm kicking myself for not realizing this was a thing.

It has a bizarre cost, being to return a card from your hand to the bottom of the deck, but if Grynngal Seeker boosts Blaster Blade Seeker or a Vanguard with Blaster Blade Seeker as its mate, and the attacks hits, take one face down damage, and turn it back over face up. Simplicity itself, and really helps with Counterblast costs stacking up, And here's a scary thought for you, this could very well be the key to what I've been trying to work out how to do within an English card pool. I want to aim for getting not two, not even three, but FOUR Thing Saver attacks within the same turn. Sure it might not be easy, but if it works, you win.