Monday, 25 August 2014

Card Of The Week (W/C: 25 August): Lozenge Magus

[AUTO]: When another <<Oracle Think Tank>> rides this unit, you may call this card to (R).

[AUTO] (R): When this unit boosts, the boosted unit gets (power)+3000 until end of that battle, and at the beginning of the end phase if that turn, return this unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck.

Heal Triggers are awesome. This goes without saying, when you're on the brink and in need of a second wind, Heal Triggers are that one saving grace you're praying for. Well this unit may just be your best friend. Lozenge Magus hails from the games very first expansion set, BT01: Descent Of The King Of Knights, and through all of Oracle Think Tank's supported run she remained both the casual and competitive players go-to unit to use as their decks Heal Trigger.

While there are other trigger units that do what Lozenge Magus does, she is the only one that is a heal trigger, and chances are she is also the first unit you would have used as a started if you ever played Oracle Think Tank. Even with Oracle support becoming scarce as Bushiroad seems to have abandoned the clan except for when they have to give it support, I still see people that play Oracle today using this as their Heal Trigger of choice. The trick is here re-usability making Lozenge Magus an excellent utility and that contributes towards Oracle Think Tank's already incredibly resilient tank-like defense.

I used to play oracle but have since sold my gear to focus on clans I use more frequently, but I kept this card among a few other in hopes of eventually returning to the clan. 

Aside from her original BT-01 debut, Lozenge Magus has also been reprinted 3 times and also sports an alternate artwork.
Trial Deck, EB01 and EB05 Artwork
As for which of the artworks you prefer, that's up to you. Among my collection of cards I only own this artwork of the card, but I honestly prefer the simplicity of the original artwork, however there is one artwork I prefer more so than that and it finds its origins in censorship of all things.
In the Korean version of Vanguard Lozenge Magus wears a full garment, this also makes her attire itself visually more complete. My one critique with the original un-censored design is that Lozenge Magus's costume seems incomplete, as if missing a piece to which everything else should then be placed over. The Korean version of the art fixes this by photoshopping a white top that she wears underneath her amour set. Even though this was done purely to cover the unit's skin to satisfy the Korean censors, in my honest opinion, she looks all the more better for it.

That's it for my first unit of the week, probably not one anyone was expecting as my first COTW but between the unit's brilliance at utility just by being recyclable and my personal opinions she seemed like a good place to start.

That's it for now, can't think of anything else to put down so I guess we can close this off by saying I miss Oracle Think Tank. T_T